Shanie Ryan has always had a passion for presenting. After being branded a natural in front of the cameras by top TV producers, Shanie was selected to cover a bulk of the backstage interviews at one of the UK’s leading festivals ‘Wireless Festival’ & started working with MTV on “The Wrap Up”.
As well as MTV, she has led programmes for Fashion TV, GRM Daily with guest host spots on NBC-The Today Show. Shanie has hosted live events for The BFI, Nike, London Fashion Week, Film Screenings for Vue Cinema’s ‘Your Cinema’, Toni & Guy & The Great Outdoor Gym Company which she is also the face for world wide.
Shanie is a regular Beauty Expert on the world’s most watched shopping network QVC across the UK & Europe & if you haven’t caught Shanie on camera then you may of heard her voice through your airwaves. She has presented the Saturday morning breakfast show on Rinse 106.8FM & on Select Radio 99.3FM. However Shanie has recently joined the presenting team at Global Radio’s Capital Xtra 96.9FM, making this her new radio home for the foreseeable future.
Besides her passion for music, fashion and movies as well as her experience as a dancer and singer, Shanie is a fully qualified beauty expert. Not only is she a regular face on QVC as a guest Beauty expert she also hosts a series of YouTube videos for Shanie Ryan TV – ‘The Beauty Expert’ on her channel www.YouTube.Com/ShanieRyan and she writes a successful Beauty, Travel & Lifestyle blog called ” The LifeStyle & Beauty Hub” alongside her “Style Diary” on her website. Shanie was recently the ‘Head Of Global Artistry’ & On air Beauty Expert for Doll 10 Cosmetics in the UK & Europe.
Shanie’s talents also extend to acting and she made her feature film debut as the character ‘Tanya’ in British film ‘The Weekend Movie’ which was premiered in Leicester Square in December 2016, The movie was recently added to Netflix and spent 4 weeks trending at the top of the Netflix chart.
Shanie was a professional dancer having trained & earned a DIPHE at the prestigious Laine Theatre Arts & The London Studio Centre dance & musical theatre colleges. She had a highly successful professional dancing & singing career touring the world as a backing dancer with the likes of US superstar Kelly Rowland and for artists such as Cheryl Cole, Prince, Lil Wayne, Tinie Tempah, Wiley, Peter Andre, Dizzie Rascal, The Arctic Monkeys & Jay Sean to name just a few. She even opened for Beyonce as a dancer at London’s 02 Arena & she was a dancer on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent & The X Factor. As well as her dancing success Shanie also landed a backing singing gig for X factor winner Leona Lewis. and before long she had her own musical opportunity when she was signed to Universal Records as part of girl group ‘Duchess.’
Her background in music and dance means she is always up for exciting new challenges and is completely at ease interviewing stars from both Hollywood and the music industry. Her infectious personality and warm approach to interviews make even the most difficult of rappers and movie Stars open up to her charms and the fact she’s a self-proclaimed movie geek means red carpet premiers are right up her street.
However Shanie also has a more serious side when it comes to her presenting ambitions. She recently wrote a treatment for a passion project of hers which is a documentary based on her experiences as a survivor. Shanie is a survivor of the 7/7 London Bombings and after sharing her story with the BBC last year on the ten year anniversary, her story gained a whopping 2.5 million views and has inspired her to want to produce factual entertainment shows telling other survivors stories:
Shanie’s Story – BBC News: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33393468
Shanie is also an ambassador for Croydon based charity The Family Centre which provides help for deprived young families. She even did a charity skydive to raise money for the charity in the summer of 2015.
- Capital Xtra – Presenter
- Select Radio – Wednesday Morning breakfast show presenter 7.00am – 10.00am
- The Weekend Movie – Playing the role of ‘Tanya’, Nationwide cinema release December 2016
- Your Cinema Live Discussion / Q&A @The BFI – Hostess and Interviewer
- Homelands Film Premiere @The BFI – Hostess
- Rinse FM – Saturday Morning Breakfast Show Presenter 8.00am – 10.00am
- Doll 10 Cosmetics – Head of global artistry, Beauty Expert, Live TV presenter for UK & Europe.
- Blinc Make Up – Brand Ambassador
- QVC Shopping Network – Regular Guest Beauty Expert
- Gala Bingo TV – Beauty Expert guest hostess including Live Q & A.
- FashionTV – London Fashion Week – Live host for VIP Gala dinner & catwalk show.
- KA DRINKS & GRM Daily – The Rated Awards- Backstage Coverage presenter
- NIKE – Air Max Day / Stop for Air Event – Live Host
- NBC THE TODAY SHOW – Guest Presenter
- YOU TUBER– The Beauty Expert
- Turn Style Magazine – Interviewer / Print Journalist
- GRM DAILY – Drinks on Inkz – Co Presenter with YouTuber Ashley Inkz
- GRM DAILY – MOBO AWARDS – Red Carpet presenter
- GRM Daily College Cypher – Talent Judge / Presenter
- Flip Stream TV Pilot – Presenter
- GRM Daily Car Check – Guest Presenter
- The Great Outdoor Gym Company – Presenter / Live Event Host
- MTV Backstage coverage Musicalize Brandy Norwood gig – Interviewer
- Toni & Guy Event – Presenter / Host
- Air Fi Weekly music show – Presenter
- Tyga Interview – Live at O2 Arena – Air-fi – Presenter
- Backstage coverage of ‘UK Kings of Comedy’ at the Hackney Empire – Air-fi – Presenter
- Loaded TV – Presenter
- ‘Discovering Arts Music’ Live Event – Presenter / Host
- GRM Daily News – Presenter
- MTV ‘Best of the Best MCs TV show– Presenter
- MTV at Wireless Festival – Backstage interviewer
- Flavour Magazine – Presenter/interviewing for coverage of the New Era Launch party
- Flavour Magazine – Presenter/interviewing for Kaleem Taylor showcase gig
- MTV UK “The Wrap Up” – Presenter / Interviewer
TV & Radio Bookings: Shanie.Ryan@gmail.com
Beauty Expert Bookings: Shanie.Ryan@gmail.com
Commercial Agent: Nina@identityagencygroup.com
Modelling Agent: Source Models – Davidg@sourcemodels.co.uk