Pram – We opted for the ‘iCandy designer peach Cerium’ which came with the basinet and rucksack style changing bag as well as foot muff and rain cover.
Bassinet – It is a great option for your baby between 0 -6 months, a basinet aids babies breathing and lung development. It is also recommended for spinal development and muscle tone.
Changing Bag – Our changing bag came with our pram bundle. But it couldn’t be more perfect, its quite large so fits everything we will need for baby and it doubles up as a hospital bag for baby. On top of that style wise it is unisex so works for both Tony and I.
Foot Muff – Our foot muff came with our pram bundle, but if it didn’t we would have purchased one for the winter months. Perfect for keeping baby snug on those winter walks.
Pram Bundle £1,300[Ad-Gifted]
Sling / Baby Carrier
We opted for 3 different types of carrier after a few friends mentioned to Tony and I that we would likely have different preferences. Also most parents like different slings when out to what they might use when they are in the house. So personally have a variety at the ready to try, but if you don’t want to dive into your purchase, you can always try a baby sling library where you can hire different types on a weekly basis before choosing which one to invest your money in.
These are the ones we chose;
- Baby Bjorn Air One £163.99
- Close Parent Close Caboo £55.00
- FreeRider Wrap £49.99
Here are a few accessories we felt could be helpful for travelling.
- Car Mirror – £10.59 (Amazon). Great to be able see baby when the car seat is rear facing.
- Maxi Cosi Back seat protector – £16.00 (Maxi Cosi. Perfect to protect the back of your seats from little muddy feet when your little one gets bigger.
- Rockit Baby Rocker – £39.99 (John Lewis). For all those parents who’s baby likes to be rocked in the pram, it basically does it all for you.
Car Seat & Base
We opted for the Cybex Cloud Z i size car seat and 180 degree rotating base, check out my previous blog on pram and car seat choices for a full review.
- Cybex Cloud Z £224.95
- Cybex 180 Degree Base £185.00
Co Sleeper & Cot
There is many benefits to co sleeping particularly if you are breast feeding, baby will only be in the co sleeper for the first 6 months, before it is recommended that you settle them into there own room and cot.
We checked out quite a few nursery furniture options at the baby show and decided on the following Scandinavian brand.
- Snuzpod 2 – £199.95
This co-sleeper is a good size, light weight, lift off bassinet with a reflux incline option and plenty of storage underneath. Its a breathable mesh fabric on the side, which zip down so baby is right next to you.
- Snuz Kot – £349.00 (Plus mattress £139.95/ Extension kit is £79.95)
This cot was a no brainer, it takes your baby from 6 months to 10 years old! It is made of natural beech wood and has a modern Scandi style which we loved. It was also easy to put together.[Ad – Press Discount]
- 3 x Fitted Sheets for Co- Sleeper
- 3 x Fitted Sheets for Cot
- 2 x Waterproof mattress protectors.
- Cot Bumpers
- 3 x Cellular Blankets
- 3 x Grow Bags
- Room Thermometer
- Baby Monitor
- Sleep Aid / White Noise
- Night light
- Blackout Blinds
Breast feeding & breast pumps
Let’s talk about breast feeding & pumping!
Whatever route you decide its a personal choice, after reading the Ina May’s guide to breastfeeding and after taking into consideration the fact that Tony and I don’t drink dairy ourselves we decided that “Breast was best” for us personally. However, Tony does want to be involved in the feeds, as will the grandparents and also being self employed I will need to dip in and out of work projects quite soon after birth so we also needed to explore the wonderful world of breast pumps and feeding expressed milk from a bottle as well!
After reviewing TONNES of breast pumps, we settled on two….
- The Elvie Double Breast Pump – £449.00
This is a revolutionary new to the market product that allows women to pump discreetly and quietly. Im talking you can pump at your desk or whilst filling your car with petrol and no one would know kind of discreet. Its completely quiet, and fits snuggly into your bra. No wires, no tubes and no bottles hanging from your chest like you belong in a dairy farm. Its all connected to an app on your phone, is USB chargeable as well so thats a super useful feature.
What is included:
- 2 Hubs
- 4 Bottles (5oz/150ml, BPA free)
- 2 Breast Shield (24mm)
- 2 Breast Shield (28mm)
- 4 Valves
- 4 Spouts
- 4 Seals
- 4 Storage Lids
- 4 Bra Adjusters
- 2 USB Charging Cables
- 2 Carry Bags
- Instructions for Use
- Medela Freestyle Flex 2 Phase Double Breast Pump – £349.99
This brand is one of the most highly awarded brands in the market. This electric breast pump is perfect for pumping at home or in a private space. It produces an outstanding 11% more milk than any other pump on the market due to its technology that very closely mimics the suckling of a real baby. Its not as quiet or discreet at the Elvie but in terms of being effective this is your best friend.
What is included: 1 x Freestyle Flex™ double electric breast pump
2 x Medela PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield size 21 mm
2 x Medela PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield size 24 mm
2 x Medela PersonalFit Flex™ connector
1 x tubing
4 x 150 ml breast milk bottle
4 x lid
2 x bottle stand
1 x power adaptor with USB cable
1 x carry bag
1 x cooler with cooler element
The reason we opted for both is I wanted the Elvie for work purposes such as pumping in the dressing room at QVC I would rather the discreet option, however when at home the Medela was my top choice to ensure my pumping time is the most effective and I am getting the most milk possible for baby.
OTHER FEEDING ESSENTIALS
- Lactation Consultant on speed dial! (Search Locally)
- Manual Suction Pump
- Bottle Warmer
- Breast Feeding Pillow
- Nursing Bras
- Breast Feeding Cover Up
- Nipple shields
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pads
- Milk Storage Bags
- Sharpie & masking tape to label the milk bags
- Low wattage feeding night light
- Formula ( If you have chosen not to breast feed)
- Muslin Cloths
After much research below are my top feeding essentials recommendations…
BABY TOILETRIES & BATHROOM ESSENTIALS
- Organic, Chemical Free baby bath & shampoo
- Organic, Chemical Free Baby oil
- Organic, Chemical Free Nappy Cream or Baby balm
- Organic Chemical free baby powder
- Eco Friendly, Biodegradable Nappies or reusable nappies
- Eco Friendly, Biodegradable Nappy sacks
- Biodegradable or Reusable Wipes
- Cotton wool balls
- Changing Caddy
- Changing Mat
- Baby Bath
- Natural Bath Sponge
- Hooded Towels
- Dressing gown
- Baby Nail clippers / file
- Bath Thermometer
- Nappy Bin
Medical for Baby
- Baby first aid kit
- Baby Olbas Oil
- Gripe Water
- Snot Sucker
- Baby Grooming kit
- Saline Spray
- Baby Ibruprofen
- Baby Thermometer
- Sterilising Wipes
- Vitamin D Drops
Baby CLOTHES 0-3 MONTHS
So here’s a thought, the most important thing for Mumma and Baby is skin to skin…. and that requires zero clothing! So here is my bare essential guide to stocking up on the bare necessities for bringing home your newborn.
- Short Sleeved Vests (7x Newborn & 7x 0-3 mths)
- Long Sleeved Vests (7x Newborn & 7x 0-3 mths)
- Sleep suits (7x Newborn & 7x 0-3 mths)
- Cotton Cardigan (x2 Newborn & 2x 0-3 mths)
- Hats (x2)
- Socks (x7)
- Scratch Mitts (x2)
- Booties (x2)
- Bibs (x10)
- Outfits (7x Newborn & 7x 0-3 mths)
- Pramsuit (1x Newborn & 1x 0-3 Months)
You must be logged in to post a comment.